Kalen Delaney teaches the most advanced SQL Server courses in the world. Her 5-day course “SQL Server Internals and Tuning” is designed for advanced SQL Server professionals who want to know how SQL Server really works, in order to take maximum advantage of its potential. The course includes extensive demonstrations that illustrate the details of SQL Server internals as well as tuning techniques.
SQL Server Internals and Tuning is currently presented on SQL Server 2012 and covers features specific to that version, but much of the information is relevant to SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005 as well.
Topics covered include:
- SQL Server Architecture and Metadata
- Physical Storage Structures
- Index Design and Tuning
- Query Processing and Query Plans
- Optimization and Recompilation
- Concurrency Control: Locking, Blocking and Row Versioning
- Query Tips and Techniques Troubleshooting Tools
Curriculum includes extensive demonstrations that illustrate the details of SQL Server internals as well as performance tuning techniques.
You can see the full course outline here.
Customized classes and shorter seminars are also available.